Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web Development, and Branding and Communications firm with 20+ years providing professional services to large Federal clients. At NDi, we engineer success into our solutions by concentrating first and foremost on the end-user, the mission of our customer, and the bottom line. NDi builds solutions designed for tomorrow that deliver results today. NDi has demonstrated expertise in Solution Development & Delivery, Web Design & Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Information Assurance, and Networking.
This position will provide support to our government customer for the critical next step of migrating to a cloud-based platform. The Devops engineer is responsible for the planning, development, installation, configuration, testing, administration, troubleshooting, and documentation of enterprise and development cloud-based systems, including interfaces, shared components, networking, and application level protocols. Oversees and coordinates with cloud service providers to optimize and troubleshoot the performance of cloud-based systems connected. The qualified candidate for the DevOps Engineer position is someone who has a can-do attitude, is an innovative thinker and enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development, including test driven development, automated unit testing and test fixtures.
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet team goals.
- Assist in providing design principles and implementing repeatable design patterns. Participate in code reviews.
- Leverage open source and other technologies and various programming languages.
- Design and implement new build processes and automated deployment routines for enterprise software solutions in the cloud.
- Develop cutting edge solutions maximizing the performance, scalability and distribute processing capabilities of the system.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
Requirements Experience / Technical Skills
- Expertise in implementing system automation with various CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Ansible.
- Expertise in creating application build and deployment scripts using tools such as Maven, Gradle.
- Proficiency in unix/windows system administration and monitoring.
- Proficiency in source code version control systems such as Git, Bitbucketc.
- Experience with supporting distributed web applications, in a large, complex and evolving environment.
- Experience with n-tier web application development using Python or Java programming language.
- Experience with Cloud environment and infrastructure, Amazon Web Services preferred.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence and Agile software development methodology.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and secure system design.
- Knowledge of virtual machine and container technologies, Docker Container.
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL Databases management.
- The qualified candidate for the DevOps Engineer position is someone who has a can-do attitude, is an innovative thinker and enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Good communication is essential.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- 15+ years’ experience required. Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Resumes must include
- The month and date of employment for each position held
- The date degrees and certifications were obtained