Full Stack PHP/ ExtJS/MySQL/HTML/CSS Developer
Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web and Communications firm with 20 years of providing professional services to Federal clients. NDi has expertise in Solution Development & Delivery, Web Design & Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Information Assurance, and Networking.
NDi has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and talented full stack Developer. Hands-on experience designing and coding enterprise applications using multi-device, multiplatform development languages such as PHP/ExtJS/MySQL/HTML/CSS. Experience with
modern web site designs such as single page applications using the MVC or MVVM architectural patterns is required. Rich Internet applications on modern technology stacks with experience hosting in public cloud environments such as AWS is highly desired.
Candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, yet independently able to research and propose technical solutions, deliver multiple assignments independently, and provide technical expertise/mentoring to other team members. Primary responsibilities will be researching, designing, prototyping, and supporting of testing, development and refactoring end-to-end applications on ever-changing modern technology platforms in public/hybrid cloud environments. Must be familiar with agile scrum methodology. Design and build software systems solutions and lead development teams in implementing those solutions for our customers. The successful candidate will be able to assess customer requirements, design solutions including systems architectural documents and diagrams, and provide hands-on leadership for development, testing and fielding solutions. The candidate will have demonstrated successful experience with Java, various web development technologies and frameworks, commercial and open source development and database systems. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential for this role.
The Developer performs software development and maintenance tasks assigned under the guidance of the Project Manager. These tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Enhance applications with new functionality that are deployed to the PHP application server
- Develop and apply bug fixes and/or maintenance upgrades to applications that are deployed to the PHP application server
- Support production environment with resolving application errors including backend and front end
- Assist on team activities to analyze and improve system performance
- Use version control system to manage software code
- Enforce application development standards and best practices
- Update design documentation, if required as part of correcting production issues
- Lead all work activities using Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc status reports for each assignment for Project Manager
The Developer designs develops RESTful web applications using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) or the Model–View–ViewModel (MVVM) architectural pattern.to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices. Duties will include creating new program codes and testing newly installed programs to verify functionality; regular consultations with clients concerning software; writing reports on development progress and presenting those reports to senior management.
- Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
- Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned, with review.
- Consults with Quality Assurance and Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems.
- Makes application changes and resolves incidents and problems according to established policies & procedures.
Technical skills and Required Knowledge
- Expert on PHP/ColdFusion/.NET programming languages.
- Expert on ExtJs/Angular/ReactJS frameworks.
- Experience with HTML/CSS markup and dynamic markup.
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB normalized relational databases.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing web-based applications on PHP/ColdFusion/.NET application servers.
- Experience with version control system Git/Subversion
- Experience with Cloud and big data technologies
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine and container technologies
Minimum Education /Experience
- Considerable skill and expertise in software development
- Extensive time and resource management skills
- Familiar with technology governance and best practice
- Works well within AGILE project management methodology
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Systems, IT Management Systems, or other IT degree is required.
15+ years of relevant work experience is required
(A relevant Master’s degree is a substitute for two years of experience)
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes must include
- The month and date of employment for each position held
- The date degrees and certifications were obtained