Senior Software Engineer / Team Lead
Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web and Communications firm with 20 years of providing professional services to Federal clients. NDi has expertise in Solution Development & Delivery, Web Design & Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Information Assurance, and Networking.
Network Designs Inc. (NDi) is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who can design software systems solutions and lead software development teams in implementing those solutions for our customers. The successful candidate will be able to assess customer requirements, design solutions including systems architectural documents and diagrams, and lead software development teams to develop, test, and field the solutions. The candidate will have demonstrated successful experience with Java, various web development technologies and frameworks, commercial and open source development and database systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with project managers, business analysts, and customers to develop understanding of business needs to develop solution designs
- Lead development teams to implement solutions
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet team goals
- Assist in providing design principles and implementing repeatable design patterns
- Participate in code reviews
- Leverage open source and other technologies and various programming languages
- Design and implement new build processes and automated deployment routines for enterprise software solutions in the cloud
- Develop cutting edge solutions maximizing the performance and scalability; distribute processing capabilities of the system
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Experience and Technical skills
- 8+ years Java development experience
- 5+ years functioning in a team lead role
- AWS cloud experience, S3, ECS, Lambda, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated, curious, capable and a lifetime learner
- Experience with developing distributed web applications, in a large, complex and evolving environment
- Experience with n-tier web application development using Python or Java programming language
- Experience with Cloud environment and infrastructure, Amazon Web Services preferred
- Experience with Jira/Confluence and Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and secure system design
- Knowledge of virtual machine and container technologies, Docker Container
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL Databases management.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences to describe solutions.
- Able to mentor junior developers in the disciplines of software development
- This position requires a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- 15+ years’ IT development experience required
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes must include
- The month and date of employment for each position held
- The date degrees and certifications were obtained