Senior System/Application Engineer
Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web and Communications firm with 20 years of providing professional services to Federal clients. NDi has expertise in Solution Development & Delivery, Web Design & Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Information Assurance, and Networking.
Customer has a requirement for a senior system/application operations engineer. Responsible for the deployment, operation, maintenance, of Linux and Windows based systems supporting both intranet and Internet services in a large Federal agency. Provide system-engineering services to include maintain system configurations, monitor system resources, maintain users, groups, access control lists, and monitor and record security controls. Review all application patches, recommend deployment schedule, test patches, and deploy as approved by configuration control board.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support in operational problem resolution. Identify system bugs and resolution of identified bugs. Provide system administration ensuring all systems are operational and are performing at acceptable levels for customers to use the system. Where SLAs exists, perform to the levels as defined in the agreement. Where SLAs do not exist work with FAA to determine acceptable performance. The candidate must perform installations of patches, upgrades or updates, configuration management and troubleshoot issues for customers to ascertain whether the system is performing correctly in accordance with manufacturers published specifications and performance metrics. The candidate must also provide detailed assistance in maintenance, administration, monitoring and management of personal computer software as it relates to the DSS applications.
- Proficiency in UNIX/windows system administration and monitoring
- Maintain large, complex internet and intranet site hosts running Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and Adobe CQ.
- Security controls and monitoring
- Maintaining and monitoring application, system and hardware logs
- Disk space management
- Performance monitoring using system administrative tools
- Baseline system configuration and managing the configure over the life of the system
- Management of Software Licenses and Support Agreements
Experience / Technical Skills
- Experience with supporting distributed web applications, in a large, complex and evolving environment.
- Experience with n-tier web application and system deployments using Python and Ruby based tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Experience deploying and supporting Java based applications.
- Experience supporting Adobe Enterprise Manager/CQ5 deployment and maintenance
- Expertise in using and supporting code management tools including Git, Bitbucket
- Expertise in supporting development operations automation with tools including Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with Cloud environment and infrastructure, Amazon Web Services preferred
- Experience with Jira/Confluence and Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of virtual machine and container technologies, Docker Container
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and secure system design
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL Databases management.
- The qualified candidate for the Network Engineer position is someone who’s a self-starter, has a can-do attitude, is an innovative thinker and enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment
- This position requires a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- 15+ years’ experience required.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes must include
- The month and date of employment for each position held
- The date degrees and certifications were obtained