Senior Web/Application Developer
Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web and Communications firm with 20 years of providing professional services to Federal clients. NDi has expertise in Solution Development & Delivery, Web Design & Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Information Assurance, and Networking.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to apply intelligent inferences from non-structured client requests or reported issues and model them to well-formed technical solutions. The candidate will demonstrate strong code forensics abilities in unfamiliar code environments when tasked to resolve complex technical issues. The candidate will be able to effectively contribute to application architecture and design of web solutions from the ground up. The candidate will need to be proactive in identifying either technical or logistical roadblocks that may conflict with getting a task moved toward completion.
- Develops and maintain ColdFusion web applications built using various frameworks. Designs, develops and support web backend databases in Oracle (using PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Research and recommend viable web specific solutions to problems while strongly adhering to baseline W3C, WCAG 2.0 AA and Section 508 web standards.
- Maintains multiple projects simultaneously.
The Developer designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and practices. Duties will include creating new program codes and testing newly installed programs to verify functionality; regular consultations with clients concerning software; writing reports on development progress and presenting those reports to senior management.
Minimum Education /Experience
- 8+ years of application development
- 5+ years of Adobe ColdFusion (CF) work, (versions 8+)
- Strong understanding of producing and consuming web services (XML/REST/JSON)
- Demonstrates advanced CF techniques
- Uses application frameworks such as ColdBox
- Extensive experience on the backend with data architecture and design
- Advanced PL/SQL and the development and use of stored procedures
- Knowledgeable about web application security risk mitigation techniques
- Adobe ColdFusion (version 10+)
- Advanced Certified Developer is a plus
- Java (Spring, Grails, Play frameworks) is a plus
- Proficient with semantic HTML for structure
- Application architecture (MVC) and design patterns
A Bachelor’s degree in Science (BS) in Engineering, Math or Science
10+ years of relevant experience plus certifications
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes must include
- The month and date of employment for each position held
- The date degrees and certifications were obtained