Technical Project Manager
Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web and Communications firm with 20 years of providing professional services to Federal clients. NDi has expertise in Solution Development & Delivery, Web Design & Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Information Assurance, and Networking.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects while ensuring customer requirements are met and expectations exceeded. The Technical Project Manager provides leadership, assures quality deliverables, and makes technically sound recommendations based on industry-accepted best practices and management fundamentals.
The candidate must be knowledgeable of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) principles and proficient in using best practices for Project Management. PMP Certification is required. The candidate should be knowledgeable of business management and organizational theory, have experience leading teams, resource planning, Work Breakdown Structures and process improvements using the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) for IT Systems. They must be proficient in using current management techniques and tools such as Microsoft Project for Planning and Scheduling Work packages, and budgeting tools. The candidate must have experience in the Agile methodology and related management tools for Agile development operations (e.g., JIRA). This candidate must have excellent communication skills, positive motivation, and team building and leadership development. We are seeking someone who can influence both transformational and event driven changes by focusing on organization design, leadership, culture, change management, communications and training.
Project Management Skills
The candidate must have knowledge of the project management disciplines as well as excellent communication and problem solving skills that involve the range of project management and its life cycle. These include:
- Develop the project charter, project management plan (and sub-plans), work with Requirements/Business Analyst to ensure adequate definition of the business requirements, project scope, goals and deliverables
- Assemble and coordinate project staff among the other PMs
- Develop and maintain project schedule baseline and subsequent changes
- Develop high-level tasks (using Agile methodology)
- Project Execution
- Host and run daily stand up calls, other team meetings
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Develop Testing Methodologies for the Quality Assurance Plan and Perform the gap analysis
Monitor and Control Project
- Plan, monitor and schedule project timelines
- Develop Metrics reports to show corrective actions or improvements achieved
- Monitor and report on progress of the project regularly
- Present dashboard reports defining project progress, issues and resolutions
- Implement and manage project changes to achieve project outputs
- Develop and present formal monthly financial and progress reports using standard NDi formats.
- Ensure all project artifacts are reviewed and accepted by customer
- Ensure code repositories are identified and handed off with required documentation
- Evaluate Project results and prepare a detailed project summary and lessons learned account for future reference
Proficiency using Microsoft Project, the Microsoft Office Suite and other management software to create dashboards and staffing analysis. Use of accounting software, such as Unanet is desirable.
- Financial Reporting and Requirements Definition to write objectives work statements as well as assisting in preparation of technical proposals to support the performance requirements when needed.
- Proficiency with Software Life Development Cycle (SLDC) Processes and Project Life Cycle Process.
- Experience managing medium to large Federal Programs that involve Business Intelligence (BI) or Software Applications, Construction Projects, logistics and operations programs or projects.
- Proficiency using Agile Methodology oriented tools such as JIRA
- Solid understanding of best practices in data science, data management, data frameworks, metadata, structured and unstructured data
Familiarity and some proficiency of the following areas
- Enterprise Change Management/Cultural Change
- Open Stack Technologies
- Software QA/QC
- Governance/Governance Process Improvement
- Program Management
- A Standards & Processes
A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Systems, Management of Information Systems (MIS), IT Management, or other IT degrees. Engineering, Math, or Science degrees are acceptable substitutes. Possible substitutions: (8 years of relevant experience may qualify for a B.S.)
10 years of relevant experience is required
Professional Management Professional (PMP) required
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Resumes must include
- The month and date of employment for each position held
- The date degrees and certifications were obtained
NDi is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer *Veterans are encouraged to apply*